Rethinking Social

As marketers it's more important than ever to re-evaluate strategies when it comes to social media.

As the landscape of digital marketing evolves and new technologies and platforms emerge, so too must our approach to engaging customers.

To stay ahead of the competition and make the most of emerging opportunities, we need to build a comprehensive understanding of how social networks work in practice – rather than assuming outdated techniques are still applicable.

In this blog we'll discuss how you can rethink your current strategy for success on a variety of popular platforms – from Instagram and LinkedIn to X and TikTok.

Why does it have to be either organic or paid? 

Social media plays a vital role for businesses. It is one of the most powerful tools for brands to communicate with their audience and build a strong online presence. 

When it comes to executing a social media strategy, businesses are often faced with the decision of whether to focus on organic or paid social. 

While some may argue that organic social is the more authentic and cost-effective method, the truth is that both organic and paid social are equally important.

Organic social helps to build a community and establish a brand's personality, while paid social helps to expand reach and target specific audiences. 

Don’t limit your impact

A combination of both organic and paid social is necessary for a successful social media strategy, as one without the other would only limit the potential impact a brand could have.

If you saw an ad but noticed the brand wasn't posting organically, would you still be interested in enquiring about their products or services? 

Can I still reap the benefits of both organic and paid social? 

Of course, both have their benefits. Paid social can: 

  • Provide detailed targeting towards your target audience
  • Promote specific products and services to your directed audience
  • Drive leads and conversions
  • Reach new audiences relevant to your brand

However, organic social has many benefits as well: 

  • It’s free, of course! 
  • It’s excellent for building brand reputation and trust
  • Builds relationships with your audience
  • Better at encouraging user-generated content
  • Supports your customer service team

Hybrid strategy is key

As social channels continue to change their algorithms, the chances of gaining an organic reach and getting your content getting seen are getting increasingly slim. 

Facebook’s organic reach is currently thought to be around 2%, leaving 98% of your audience not seeing your content. 

As marketers, we’re beginning to rethink the way we use social media to advertise for our clients and rather than a one-or-the-other approach, it’s now a hybrid strategy to utilise the benefits of both. 

How will this approach impact my social media strategy?

Surprisingly, your social media strategies won’t change considerably. Instead, it’s worth considering what your target is for each.

For example, your organic strategy will be to build a brand reputation, while the paid strategy will be focused on driving conversions.

Let your social media do the conversions

As the Integrated Conversion Agency, our primary focus is ensuring that all our work drives conversions for your business, whatever they may be.

Traditionally, organic social is difficult to attribute conversions to, so with the combination of paid social, we can attribute our work better to the conversions that you’re getting.

Get in touch with our team of experts today to discuss how we can help convert your social media presence. 

Was this post helpful? Help other by sharing it